Bagging Machine Operator
Location: Littleton, NH
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
The Bagging Machine Operator is primarily responsible for the efficient set-up and operation of the bagging machine. The bagging machine operator also directs and monitors the activities of the line helper assigned to the bagging machine work cell.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for the overall set up and operation of the bagging machine.
- Select correct bags as identified in the Batch Record
- Load and thread bags
- Align Print Head for appropriate print location on bag
- Correct routing of bag webbing tail into collection container
- Set and adjust speed for maximum output rate.
- Monitor output of product for correct and complete printed information and proper heat seal on bags.
- Bag splicing
- Ability to complete all paperwork (Work order, Batch Record, Shift report information form) for bagging machine production line.
- Ensure material dispensing bins contain a sufficient quantity of material to prevent production line from stopping.
- Update equipment status identification cards to ensure the correct status of the equipment is identified at all times.
- Lead the line during exercises to ensure line helper performs stretching and exercise requirements.
- Be aware, understand and communicate to line helper the output rate/ efficiency goals required for the Part Number being produced. Recognize causes for not achieving output rate and work to identify and implement possible solutions to correct output rate deficiencies.
- Provide information and feedback to production supervisor concerning line helper performance.
- Complete all training requirements for equipment and/or production line (s) responsible for leading.
- Ensure compliance with cGMP requirements and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Ensure that all required documents and forms are completed with correct and accurate information. (Batch Records, Hourly Checks, Material Accountability …)
- Ensure Line helper is following all rules and company guidelines.
- Conduct on-the-job training to ensure line helpers understand requirements of the job and have the knowledge/skills to meet the quality and safety requirements for the production activities being performed.
- Monitor and audit the quality of product being packaged – correct and legible lot and date codes, quantities, bag seal and overall condition of the finished good product.
- Promote a positive work environment through professional and courteous interaction with co-workers.
- Authority to stop the line due to quality issues, machine problems or questions from line helper.
- Solicit feedback and ideas from Line Helpers on opportunities to improve overall production line operations.
- Provide constructive feedback and ideas to management that will enhance health and safety of the general work environment; boost employee morale; improve operational efficiencies and outputs; improve product quality; or reduce costs, scrap, or waste.
- Coordination and completion of Line Clearance activities
- Communication of equipment problems to Production Supervisor and or Line leader.
- Manage movement of material into and out of the bagging machine work cell area including accurate counts and attachment of material identification/count sheets.
- Overall cleanliness of production equipment and area surrounding the equipment.
- Communication of line output, team activities and or problems to supervisor for daily production shift reports.
- High school degree, GED, or successful work history
- Basic math and reading skills
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability and willingness to take charge and direct others.
- Ability to perform repetitive lifting of up to 50 lbs, stand for prolonged periods and perform repetitive motions, primarily utilizing upper body extremities
- Strong knowledge and competency with the operations and processes in the assigned area.
- Ability to perform in a team environment and maintain high rates of repetitive manual activities.
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Must be able to work overtime hours as required.
You can download the application below and submit in person, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax at 603-444-6735.
Download a job application here.